The WaTER Technologies for Emerging Regions (WaTER) Center will host the fifth biennial OU International WaTER Conference and the University of Oklahoma International Water Prize Award Ceremony on Sept. 18-20, 2017 in Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
Abstracts, for oral and poster presentations on topics related to water and sanitation issues in emerging regions, are due on March 17, 2017 for all submissions, both international and U.S. domestic.
|The 2017 WaTER Conference will offer a new Student Poster Competition|
The Conference Selection Committee will review the abstracts and selected authors will be informed of acceptance by April 24, 2017.
Suggested topical areas include the following:
· Assessment of WaSH and Health Interventions
· Behavior and Behavioral Change in WaSH
· Capacity Building in WaSH
· Conservation and Reuse Technologies
· Climate Change Effects on Water Resources
· Ecological Engineering and Natural Treatment Systems
· Educational Initiatives in WaSH
· Experience of NGOs and Charitable Organizations in WaSH
· Food, Energy, and Water Interface in Developing Regions
· Fluoride / Arsenic Mitigation Systems
· Gender and Social Equity – Issues and Challenges
· Groundwater Resources and Well-Drilling Challenges
· Lessons Learned in Urban WaSH
· POU Drinking Water Treatment
· Social Entrepreneurship and Market-Based Approaches
· Socioeconomic Context: Affordability and Social Equity
· Student-Led Projects in the Developing World
· Remote Sensing and Capacity Building for Emerging Regions
· WaSH Technological Innovation and Design
· Water-Related Hazard Research and Disaster Mitigations
· Water Resiliency and Water Reuse / Challenges in Rural U.S. Settings (Networked and Non-Networked)
A limited number of international (developing country) travel scholarships are available!
More conference and abstract submission details can be found at WaTER.ou.edu.