YOU ARE INVITED!
The OU WaTER Center will host its third biennial WaTER Symposium on water and sanitation issues in developing countries. The event will be held Friday, Sept. 21 from 1:30 to 5 p.m. on the University of Oklahoma Norman Campus in the Molly Shi Boren Ballroom of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. Concluding the Symposium, the 2012 Water Prize winner will be announced!
The distinguished jury panel includes:
- Rita Colwell, Ph.D., Chairman of Canon US Life Sciences, Inc. and Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland, College Park and Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, former Director of the National Science Foundation (NSF), and recipient of the 2010 Stockholm Water Prize;
- Idrissa Doucoure, Director of Water and Sanitation for Africa;
- Ravi Jayakaran, Ph.D., Vice President of Global Programs, MAP International;
- Christine Moe, Ph.D., Eugene J. Gangarosa Professor of Safe Water and Sanitation and the Director of the Center for Global Safe Water at Emory University;
- Marc Parlange, Ph.D., Professor and Dean at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) in the School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering; and
- Dennis Warner, Ph.D., Senior Technical Advisor for water supply, sanitation and water resources development for Catholic Relief Services.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
1:30-1:45 Overview of Water and Sanitation Issues and Panel Introduction
1:45-2:45 Opening Statements from Panelists (Jurors)
3:00-4:30 Question and Answer Session with Panelists, Students and Participants - Moderated by Dr. Suzette Grillot (OU College of International Studies)
4:30-5:00 Announcement of the 2012 University of Oklahoma Water Prize Recipient
This event is free and open to the public.
Please register here or from the OU WaTER Center website by Thursday, September 20
Free parking is available in the lot east of Sarkeys Energy Center on the corner of Boyd St. and Trout Ave. Overflow parking will be available in the lot south of Sarkeys Energy Center off University Pl.
Concluding the symposium, the 2013 OU International Water Prize Winner will be announced!